Monday, May 31, 2010

Tick Tock

The clock is ticking and it seems it is ticking too fast, it seems like just yesterday when I had been thrown out of my first Physics practical in college by a laboratory assistant and today I am instructing new hires at work. It has been long nine years since I got out of school and yet I remember how I hated my English teacher and had the exact opposite feelings for my Computer Science instructor, ironically I remember the name of the former and not the latter.

Last weekend one of my very dear and probably oldest friend got married, I have known her since like ever, since I was 5 years old, at least that's what I remember. Her father and my father went to college together and so we tried to continue the tradition of studying together, though not in school or college. Few years back we did almost everything together, study for 10th standard board exams, go to coaching classes, bunk those classes, even spent a year preparing for Engineering entrance exams and so on. And now she is married, lives in a city thousand miles away from mine and we talk once in six months. Yet, whenever I seek mature and reasonable advice related to life I go to her and not any of my dude friends, not that I don't trust my dude friends but I guess the bond built over last twenty years makes me do that.

A year back I was so adamant on not coming back to India, and today here I am living in New Delhi and working for a company which is 55 Kms away from where I live. I am growing fat and I think thrice before I eat anything with carbs, four years back I could have ate a whole cake in less than two hours and not even thought about it and yet stayed in shape. I wake up at 5 in the morning to head to the gym, three years back someone could have paid me for it and I wouldn't have considered it.

It seems Nelly Furtado sang "All good things come to an end" for a reason and the song seems to be coming true for me. Life is changing fast, some of it in accordance with my wishes and some of it in not so accordance with my wishes, but I am guessing that is what life is about, the destination and results are just leftovers and do not matter, the journey and the process itself are the juicy fruit.

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. Dude, lets get in touch..... it seems long since we talked....You never come online these days.... ST keeping you that busy....


    Ajwani

    ReplyDelete