Monday, May 3, 2010

Indian Software Industry is a joke

Software Industry in India is a joke, and I am not exaggerating in saying so, it really is. Let me prove it to you, people have the designation of "Software Architect" after four years of work experience after their bachelor's degree, and it is not an exception, it is a norm in this country.

The fun does not end here :D, despite being the architect they do not have any decision making responsibilities/powers of a Software Architect and I do not want to sound judging but I doubt any of them has the mental/technical/intellectual capabilities of an Architect.

Well whatever it might be I have decided to keep myself away from this BS and make my career progress my way, the way Software industry works in the rest of the world, slow steady and the right way. In decent words everyone around me looks haphazard and erratic in their approach towards work. During my internship every one around me was a person to look up to, every day I learnt new things on technical as well as procedural levels, this place is definitely different, good or bad only time will tell.

Few examples of erratic-ness

*Integrate 50 untested changes from 3 different developers into a build and try to validate it. (Of course every unit test failed)
*Try to validate through a 3 hour test cycle 2 hours before the release.(our p4 processors will suddenly perform like i7 processors)
*Release code to test teams which does not even pass unit tests, I pity the test team.(who cares if it works, we just need check marks in the weekly)
*Write code, compile it, validate it, release it and now lets write the documentation, interface documents are unnecessary.(Developers don't need documentation to code, they are too bright to read documents)
* (Supposed)Architects do not write documents, developers do.(Architects are only supposed to be in meetings, calls and make [defective] releases)

God Bless me and my career.

Ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment