Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Funniest Job Interview

Very recently a gaming company contacted me back regarding a job opening they had. Well as always the first step is a phone interview so I agreed to it and sent them a schedule of my availability (on Tuesday) that I am available on Thursday and Friday.

The fun starts here:


I get a call on 'Wednesday', the dude asks me these questions in 10 minutes,

1.Do u play MMO games?
2.What kind of games do you play?
3.Are you familiar with C++?
4.What is a constructor?
5.What is the difference between a constructor and a method?
6.Have you ever worked for a gaming company? (Only No I said in the whole process)
7.Have you worked in a build and release environment?
8.Are you familiar with perforce?
9.Did you make integrations in Perforce?

And within 20 minutes I get a letter of rejection. What could have he possible concluded about my technical abilities specially when I did not make a single mistake. Well there was nothing to make a mistake, the questions were so damn simple.
If he wanted gaming industry experience then it was already evident in my resume that I dint have any of that.

Well if you are out there just to kill time then please do not kill mine :P. I am more than happy to interview as apart from getting the job I stand a very good chance of realizing my weaknesses and areas where I need to work harder, but please do not play around.

Ciao

4 comments:

  1. Dude you are talking about full time, I interviewed for for a part time internship at SF based streaming video company, he asked typical questions, asked why low grade in OS and other stuff and in the evening "They are looking for someone which better fits their requirements" Everything seems crazy, for internship so much fuss and that too when they gonna pay 17-20$ per hr in SF! :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes :P seems like everyone got an interview call from them though they have strength of 26 employee just like rap leaf with 18 employee. Gosh I was seeing intern list at Rap Leaf UIUC, UC Berkeley, Stanford....market is really bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw these things aside your Playstation 3 has reincarnated in new avtar and at 299 price tag thinking of buy one?

    ReplyDelete