Saturday, June 27, 2009

Centre Court

For as far as I can remember Lawn Tennis was one of the very first sport I started watching and actually understanding. I remember at the age of 4 or 5 watching with my grandfather a Steffi Graf match and it was Wimbledon. Since early teenage I have had this dream of watching a match at the mecca of tennis "Wimbledon Centre Court".

Last time a British man won the Wimbledon championship was way back in 1936 but even then the British come out every year in rain and heat to watch the game, such is the love of the game. My dream seems to be realizable in the distant future but I have it in the back of my head and someday in this lifetime I will definitely be there.

Wimbledon Centre Court I shall come.


Ciao

P.S. If you can meet with triumph and disaster / And treat those two imposters just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment